Monday, November 17, 2008

Restlessness...

is something I have not been able to shake lately. Nor am I altogether sure I have even properly identified it correctly, as it is probably very easily mistaken for anticipation, which disturbs me more than I would like to think about. It doesn't scare me, it just puts me on guard a little bit. I start looking at things with slightly different eyes. I'm not even sure why I'm writing this next part, except no one really reads this anyway, so why not? Haha...my blog is turning into a journal, how sad. And yet somehow...life goes on.
Restlessness isn't much fun, but anticipation is far worse in present. Restlessness involves constant activity or motion, whether physical of emotional, and may be directed at nothing in particular. Anticipation, though it sounds similar and we sometimes (improperly) use them interchangably, is wholly different. Anticipation implies expectation, and even to regard something as probable. Now, had I not had 11 different people (and some of those people I deeply respect) tell me scarily similar things over the past two months, then I would simply disregard any premonitions I had as silly and superstitious. But for some reason everyone keeps telling me I'm getting married soon...its all very confusing to me. A single guy can't get married can he? Haha...like I said, saying that if people read it would probably bother me a bit, but now it seems like I can just look back later in life and see how I was feeling at the time, and I don't have to keep up with a document or a program or whatever, it's just right here.

1 comment:

ryan said...

Restless eh? I know the feeling all to well but in a much different fashion. As for you, I think that God is doing a new thing in your life. You are a mighty man of God David, don't forget that. This past month I have seen a new side to you that I always new was there. Not to say that you were less prior to or greater now, just different......in a better way. =) There seems to a determination that has sparked and I like it! Keep pushing and don't stop.


PS - I read your blog all the time.